Amazing opportunity for an optometrist to join Specsavers in one of Australia’s most idyllic locations. Bundaberg is a vibrant and beautiful family friendly coastal town, on the cusp of the Southern Great Barrier Reef.
About the store/role:
- Extremely flexible roster – including a long weekend every fortnight
- Work across two diverse locations. Excel your career at our brand new Hinkler store with two fully equipped rooms and the rare opportunity to build a patient base from scratch. You’ll also get the opportunity to mentor graduates at the Sugarland store, offering the best of both worlds.
- The opportunity to focus on an area of interest such as RGP, ortho-k, myopia control
- Market leading equipment including OCT and corneal topographer
- Excellent opportunities for further career development and progression – including pathway to partnership
- 2 opportunities available if you want to relocate with a friend – RDOs and annual leave can be rostered to align so you can enjoy the lifestyle together
This store is star performer under the ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- Two free pairs of glasses each year
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
Why choose Specsavers?
- Specsavers are rated the market leader for eye tests, and the retailer of choice for contact lenses in Australia and New Zealand.
- We are on a continual mission to transforming eye health by: eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, including Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention and early detection.
- In 2021, we are detecting glaucoma in 1.43% of our patients, nearly matching the reported national prevalence rate of 1.5%
- Proud to have well and truly reached 200,000 KeepSight registrations
- In April 2021, Specsavers had surpassed their target of registering 200,000 patients for their KeepSight initiative, with 80% of KeepSight registered patients who were due for their eye test attending on time
- We are continuously working to reduce the 50% of people with diabetes who do not receive regular eye checks
- We estimate our Optometrists have reduced the level of undiagnosed glaucoma among our patients by at least 60%
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Marie Stewart on +61 (0) 408 084 134 or email email@example.com
If you are a final year student or recent graduate, please contact your Graduate Recruitment Consultant or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you aren’t looking but know someone who is, you could earn up to $15k through our Refer a Friend bonus