This case was among a series presented by Miranda Richardson FBDO, Assistant Director of Professional Examinations for the Association of British Dispensing Opticians, for peer discussion at the second Specsavers Dispensing Conference (SDC2) in August 2018.
Looking at the above prescription, consider the following discussion points with your dispensing team:
- What is the reading addition?
- Does any part of the prescription need to be transposed?
- What is the age of the patient? How is this estimated?
- What is the purpose of the prism?
- The patient has prism at near only. Why?
- Would you dispense all in one eye?
Looking for more dispensing professional development?
Registration is now open for the annual Specsavers Dispensing Conference, taking place from 4 to 9 August 2019 as a one-day roadshow-style event across Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney.
Specsavers is currently offering 20 free conference entry passes valued at up to $380 + GST to non-Specsavers delegates – five for each city in which the conference is being held.
For your chance to win a free pass and to register for the event, contact Lucy Markus via +61 (0)429 003 379 or email@example.com