This case was among a series presented by Miranda Richardson FBDO, Assistant Director of Professional Examinations for the Association of British Dispensing Opticians, for peer discussion at the second Specsavers Dispensing Conference (SDC2) in August 2018.
- Bifocals required
- VA: RE & LE: 6/60 N24
Looking at the above prescription, consider the following discussion points with your dispensing team:
- How would you describe this patient? Review the VA.
- What is the possible pathological reason for this prescription?
- Why is such a high reading addition required?
- What are the practicalities and potential disadvantages of dispensing this high reading addition?
- How would you manage the patient’s expectations? Discuss the use of terminology to explain the condition to the patient and how to manage their expectations in terms of what they will actually be able to see.
Looking for more dispensing professional development?
Registration is now open for the annual Specsavers Dispensing Conference, taking place from 4 to 9 August 2019 as a one-day roadshow-style event across Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney.
Specsavers is currently offering 20 free conference entry passes valued at up to $380 + GST to non-Specsavers delegates – five for each city in which the conference is being held.
For your chance to win a free pass and to register for the event, contact Lucy Markus via +61 (0)429 003 379 or firstname.lastname@example.org