Specsavers Shepparton has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Optometrist looking to take the next step in their career.
- Relocation support available
- Mentorship of graduates and final year optometry students
- Social and welcoming team to help you settle into the community
- Work with a mixed demographic including pathology
- Experienced retail support team
- Extremely loyal patient database
- 4-test room store with state of the art equipment – including OCT
- Only 2 hours from Melbourne, offering all the amenities of a big city but the relaxed lifestyle of a regional town
Not sure if partnership is right for you? Why not try before you buy!
- Full time permanent or 12-24-month fixed term will be discussed for the right candidate
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Marie Stewart on +61 (0) 408 084 134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transform eye health with Specsavers
Specsavers is on a continual mission to transform eye health in Australia and New Zealand – and we would like you to join us on that mission. Our Transforming Eye Health Strategy is focused on eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, particularly with diseases such as Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention, early detection and co-management.
In 2019, we trebled the number of patients we referred for glaucoma and doubled our referrals to support services such as Glaucoma Australia. Our rollout of OCT in every store has resulted in 2.8 million OCT scans conducted and 300,000 visual field tests performed. We are now detecting glaucoma in 1.3% of our patients, which is just below the reported population prevalence of 1.5%. We’ve also launched Keepsight, Australia’s first national diabetic recall program, and registered more than 65,000 Australians, engaging them in regular diabetes eye checks.
If you’re looking to make a genuine impact, and deliver patient-centric, evidence-based preventative eye care and work collaboratively to manage health outcomes, then we urge you to talk to us about how you can join the mission to transform eye health.