Specsavers have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced or graduate Optometrist at two of our Specsavers stores located in Kangaroo Flat and Bendigo in Victoria.
Bendigo is a city of rich history and captivating charm. The city based in Victoria is known for its heritage buildings, art studios, modern vibrancy, and tranquil landscapes.
Kangaroo Flat is a charming suburb that offers a blend of natural beauty and modern conveniences. The surrounding countryside is dotted with lush parks, scenic trails, and recreational areas.
Specsavers Bendigo is 209 meters squared and has 5 Optical test rooms and 13 dispense points. Specsavers Kangaroo Flat is 178 meters squared and has 3 Optical test rooms, 1 dedicated Audiology room and 9 dispense points. Both stores boast 1100+ frames on display and state of the art equipment including OCT.
The store demographic across both stores would offer the successful candidate an amazing opportunity to experience a variety of pathology and really make positive impact in the local community.
Specsavers have successfully achieved the ‘Great Place to Work’ accreditation. We strive for the highest professional and clinical standards and provide unrivalled support, development and career plans.
About the role:
- Highly attractive salary on offer
- Work with market leading technology, including OCT which is free for every patient!
- Our Optometrists pride themselves on having a close relationship with the local Ophthalmologists
- Work with an experienced retail team, allowing you to focus solely on patient care
- Unique opportunity to work across two stores
This store is a star performer under our ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- Two free pairs of glasses each year
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
What is on offer for a Graduate Optometrist?
Your Graduate Recruitment Consultant will be able to discuss the specific package available for this store.
As a newly qualified Optometrist on the Graduate Program, you will experience:
- Induction in our Port Melbourne Support Office
- One to one mentorship in store with your Primary Mentor
- Tiered support system, starting with your Primary Optometry Mentor, as well Regional and Peer Mentors, Retail Support Team and friendly support office in Port Melbourne
- Ongoing professional development events
- Annual CPD allowance and AHPRA registration
- Up to $5k relocation allowance
Why choose Specsavers?
- Specsavers are rated the market leader for eye tests, and the retailer of choice for contact lenses in Australia and New Zealand
- We are on a continual mission to transforming eye health by: eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, including Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention and early detection
- In 2021, we are detecting glaucoma in 1.43% of our patients, nearly matching the reported national prevalence rate of 1.5%
- Proud to have well and truly reached 200,000 KeepSight registrations
- In April 2021, Specsavers had surpassed their target of registering 200,000 patients for their KeepSight initiative, with 80% of KeepSight registered patients who were due for their eye test attending on time
- We are continuously working to reduce the 50% of people with diabetes who do not receive regular eye checks
- We estimate our Optometrists have reduced the level of undiagnosed glaucoma among our patients by at least 60%
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Ruby Lewis on +61 (4) 4788 9110 or email email@example.com
If you aren’t looking but know someone who is, you could earn up to $15k through our Refer a Friend bonus