Specsavers Launceston are looking for a passionate optometrist with a strong focus on patient care to join our large clinical team. With over 100 years servicing the Launceston community, they have a diverse and interesting patient demographic.With an exciting expansion coming up they are looking to grow their already successful Optometry team to support the continued growth of the business. Launceston is a beautiful old city and a great place to raise a family. Fantastic for the outdoor enthusiast or Foodie!
About the role:
- Full suite of clinical tools allowing for full scope optometry with a particular interest in complex contact lens fitting, Myopia and Dry eye.
- Equipment includes Cirrus HD OCT with Anterior Segment , Topcon maestro OCT, Humphrey field analyser, ZEISS FORUM, Medmont E300 topographer and Blephasteam.
- Competitive salary – including CPD, AHPRA, PI insurance and relocation allowance if required
- Experience retail support team
- Excellent relationships with local Ophthalmologists – including CPD events and training
- Flexible roster with no Sundays or late nights
About the store:
This 5-test room practice – soon to be 7 test rooms – has existed in various forms for over 100 years and therefore has an extremely loyal patient base – some who have been visiting the practice for 60+ years. The store sees a high number of Kerataconics, patients with Diabetes and a reasonably high frequency of pathology. The store offers a busy/vibrant working environment with opportunity for a driven optometrist to pursue any sub specialty of their choosing.
This store is star performer under the ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- Two free pairs of glasses each year
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
Remember – we have a Refer a Friend cash bonus for any optometrist we place in a locum or full-time position who isn’t known to us, and you can also refer yourself.
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, please contact:
Krystle Lee on (0) 404 318 660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (If you’re an experienced Optometrist)
Anitta Nitsos on (0) 437 482 049 or email email@example.com (If you’re a graduate Optometrist)
Transform eye health with Specsavers
Specsavers is on a clear mission to transform eye health in Australia and New Zealand – and we would like you to join us on that mission. Our equipment and technology strategies, our close working relationships with key eye health stakeholders, and our major investments into optometry advancement and dispensing qualifications all contribute to a singular purpose – to transform the eye health of Australians and New Zealanders.
If you’re concerned at the 50% undiagnosed glaucoma cohort and the under-indexing of diabetic retinopathy screenings; if you’re worried that available in-store technology isn’t being used on every patient due to extra fees and charges; and if you’re alarmed at the under-investment in professional dispensing programs and technology – then we urge you to talk to us about how you can make a genuine impact at Specsavers.