Specsavers Waurn Ponds & Belmont have a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic and motivated Optical Assistant or Dispensers to join their team on a full-time basis.
Specsavers is on a continual mission to transform eye health in Australia and New Zealand – and we would like you to join us on that mission. Our Transforming Eye Health Strategy is focused on eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, particularly with diseases such as Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention, early detection and co-management.
We strive for the highest clinical standards – and believe that the customer should be at the heart of everything we do. We also recognise that our people are critical to our past and future success – so we do everything we can to make sure they get the experience and career they’re looking for: from outstanding training and a personal development plan, to excellent benefits and unstinting support. The business has nearly 1,500 stores across 12 countries – and is still growing. We want you to be part of this outstanding success story.
About the role:
You will be involved in all aspects of our customer’s optometric journey from using high-tech pre-testing equipment to dispensing and frame styling. You’ll work to healthcare guidelines (as well as our own high standards), give good clear advice because of your love for fashion and styling, and provide a great experience at every opportunity which exceed our customers’ expectations.
To secure this role you will need previous experience as either an optical assistant or dispenser. You will have fantastic organisation and communication skills, able to work effectively in a team, and thrive on working at a fast pace.
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate will have a rewarding career with Specsavers and will possess the following skills and experience:
- Optical dispensing qualification will be highly desired, but not essential
- Previous experience in the optical industry
- Experience working effectively in a team environment as well autonomously
- A self-starter with a sense of humour who enjoys variety and a busy environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills with strong attention to detail
- The ability to build genuine and supportive relationships with colleagues and customers
Benefits and perks:
- Birthday Leave
- Volunteer Leave
- 2 Pairs of Free Glasses per year
- Friends & Family Discount
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- An in-depth on boarding and training program, that will continue throughout your career
- Career development and advancement opportunities
If this sounds like you, contact Maddy Curran on 0437 840 749 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on your career.
*Please note due to the high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted. We thank you in advanced for your interest in Specsavers*