Keen to live where it’s summer all year round? What about affordable housing and safe communities? Darwin is the place for you!
Darwin is the capital city of the Northern Territory and offers a warm tropical, multicultural, laid back lifestyle; as the gateway to attractions like the world heritage Kakadu national park ,there is always an adventure on offer. We are looking for a motivated experienced Optometrist to join our awesome team up here in the Top End!
About the role:
- Base salary of up to $140,000 plus super – including relocation allowance and bonuses for the right candidate
- 5 weeks annual leave per annum
- 2 return flights within Australia per year
- Access to state-of-the-art market leading technology including OCT
- Work with a varied patient demographic including regular pathology and indigenous care
- Excellent support for career progression and development
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience required, however would consider less than that at a commensurate rate relative to experience
About the store:
Located in Hibiscus Shopping town, Specsavers Darwin North offers a busy store with 2 test rooms, an experienced and supportive retail team and excellent relationships with local Ophthalmologists and GP’s.
This store is star performer under the ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- Two free pairs of glasses each year
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
For a confidential chat about this opportunity;
If you are an experienced optometrist, please contact Krystle Lee on +61 (0) 404 318 660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a final year student, or newly qualified optometrist please contact Anitta Nitsos or email@example.com.
Transform eye health with Specsavers
Specsavers is on a continual mission to transform eye health in Australia and New Zealand – and we would like you to join us on that mission. Our Transforming Eye Health Strategy is focused on eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, particularly with diseases such as Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention, early detection and co-management.
In 2019, we trebled the number of patients we referred for glaucoma and doubled our referrals to support services such as Glaucoma Australia. Our rollout of OCT in every store has resulted in 2.8 million OCT scans conducted and 300,000 visual field tests performed. We are now detecting glaucoma in 1.3% of our patients, which is just below the reported population prevalence of 1.5%. We’ve also launched KeepSight, Australia’s first national diabetic recall program, and registered more than 65,000 Australians, engaging them in regular diabetes eye checks.
If you’re looking to make a genuine impact, and deliver patient-centric, evidence-based preventative eye care and work collaboratively to manage health outcomes, then we urge you to talk to us about how you can join the mission to transform eye health.