Specsavers Sunshine Coast are looking for customer focused Optometrists to join their warm and welcoming team.
About the role:
- Flexible rosters to suit work/life balance
- Automated equipment – including OCT, and experienced retail support teams
- A host of professional development opportunities – from our annual clinical conference to ophthalmology-led education programs
- Competitive salaries on offer – including access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program, two free pairs of glasses each year and 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
About the stores:
- Noosa – 3 test rooms, 10 dispense points – Situated in the Noosa Civic Shopping Centre
- Nambour – 3 test rooms, 6 dispense points – situated in the Nambour Plaza shopping centre
- Maroochydore – 5 test rooms, 13 dispense points – Situated in the Sunshine Plaza Shopping Centre
- Buderim – 1 test room, 2 dispense points – situated in the Buderim Marketplace
- Kawana – 2 test rooms, 4 dispense points – situated in the Kawana Shopping World shopping centre
- Currimundi – 2 test rooms, 7 dispense points, situated in the Currimundi Markets shopping centre.
- Beerwah – 1 test room, 4 dispense points – situated in the Beerwah Village Shopping Centre
With experienced retail and dispensing teams to support, you will have all you need to offer an excellent customer experience every time.
For a confidential chat about this opportunity;
If you are an experienced optometrist, contact Marie Stewart on +61 (0) 408 084 134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a final year student or newly qualified optometrist, contact Anitta Nitsos on +61 (0) 437 482 049 or email email@example.com
Transform eye health with Specsavers
Specsavers is on a continual mission to transform eye health in Australia and New Zealand – and we would like you to join us on that mission. Our Transforming Eye Health Strategy is focused on eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, particularly with diseases such as Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention, early detection and co-management.
In 2019, we trebled the number of patients we referred for glaucoma and doubled our referrals to support services such as Glaucoma Australia. Our rollout of OCT in every store has resulted in 2.8 million OCT scans conducted and 300,000 visual field tests performed. We are now detecting glaucoma in 1.3% of our patients, which is just below the reported population prevalence of 1.5%. We’ve also launched Keepsight, Australia’s first national diabetic recall program, and registered more than 65,000 Australians, engaging them in regular diabetes eye checks.
If you’re looking to make a genuine impact, and deliver patient-centric, evidence-based preventative eye care and work collaboratively to manage health outcomes, then we urge you to talk to us about how you can join the mission to transform eye health.