Our brand new Kings Meadows store, is on the lookout for an Optometrist to join their friendly and supportive team!
Kings Meadows is only an 8 minute drive from the cultural hub of Launceston.
Launceston is Tasmania’s second largest city and well known for its great food and drink culture, heritage architecture, city parks and easy lifestyle.
About the store and role:
- Extremely attractive base salary of up to $130,000 + a $40,000 sign on bonus + super!
- Excellent opportunity to be part of the growth of a brand new store – build a loyal patient base from scratch
- Celebrate your birthday with a paid day off, in addition to one day of volunteer leave and two free pairs of glasses per year
- Our optometrists pride themselves on having a close relationship with the local Ophthalmologists
- Unique opportunity to participate in outreach opportunities
- 3 test rooms boasting state-of-the-art equipment
- OCT is part of our standard testing and is free for every patient!
- Flexible roster – one weekend day will be required
- Excellent opportunities for ongoing professional development
- Warm, welcoming and experienced team
Why choose Specsavers?
- Specsavers has been ‘Great Place to Work’ certified for the past 3 years in a row
- Specsavers are rated the market leader for eye tests, and the retailer of choice for contact lenses in Australia and New Zealand.
- We are on a continual mission to transforming eye health by: eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, including Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention and early detection.
- In 2021, we are detecting glaucoma in 1.43% of our patients, nearly matching the reported national prevalence rate of 1.5%
- Proud to have well and truly reached 200,000 KeepSight registrations
- In April 2021, Specsavers had surpassed their target of registering 200,000 patients for their KeepSight initiative, with 80% of KeepSight registered patients who were due for their eye test attending on time
- We are continuously working to reduce the 50% of people with diabetes who do not receive regular eye checks
- We estimate our Optometrists have reduced the level of undiagnosed glaucoma among our patients by at least 60%
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Leah Coulter on +61 (4) 2978 3450 or email email@example.com
If you are a final year student or recent graduate, please contact your Graduate Recruitment Consultant or email firstname.lastname@example.org