Hervey Bay is bordered by 40kms of pristine beaches and the stunning Fraser Coast whilst still being just a 3 ½ hour drive North of Brisbane! Specsavers are looking for an Optometrist to join their experienced and supportive team working across the Hervey Bay Central and Pialba stores.
About the role:
- Unique opportunity to work across two stores in Hervey Bay – Hervey Bay Central and Pialaba which are 4 and 2 test rooms, respectively
- Very attractive base salary + bonuses + relocation allowance + superannuation
- Work with a genuinely caring and passionate team who foster an amazing culture in store
- Flexible roster – 9 day fortnight on offer, as well as an extra weeks annual leave!
- Access to state-of-the-art market leading technology including OCT in both stores
- Varied patient demographic including wide range of pathology
- Excellent relationships with local Ophthalmologist and retinal specialists
- Great support for ongoing career progression and development
About the store:
Under our ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all permanent store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- Two free pairs of glasses each year
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
Why choose Specsavers?
- Specsavers are rated the market leader for eye tests, and the retailer of choice for contact lenses in Australia and New Zealand.
- We are on a continual mission to transforming eye health by: eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, including Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention and early detection.
- In 2021, we are detecting glaucoma in 1.43% of our patients, nearly matching the reported national prevalence rate of 1.5%
- Proud to have well and truly reached 200,000 KeepSight registrations
- In April 2021, Specsavers had surpassed their target of registering 200,000 patients for their KeepSight initiative, with 80% of KeepSight registered patients who were due for their eye test attending on time
- We are continuously working to reduce the 50% of people with diabetes who do not receive regular eye checks
- We estimate our Optometrists have reduced the level of undiagnosed glaucoma among our patients by at least 60%
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Leah Coulter on +61 (4) 2978 3450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a final year student or recent graduate, please contact your Graduate Recruitment Consultant or email email@example.com
If you aren’t looking but know someone who is, you could earn up to $15k through our Refer a Friend bonus