Specsavers brand new Kingaroy store opened in September 2019. The store has seen rapid growth since then and have now opened a second test room in order to keep up with demand. This means we are now on the lookout for an Optometrist to join the team in a full-time capacity.
About the role:
- 2 test rooms, fully automated equipment – including OCT, and a warm and welcoming retail support team
- Salary package from $100,000 – $110,000 + super
- Looking for an Optometrist with 3+ years’ experience who can carry out eye examinations in accordance with Specsavers procedures and professional regulations whilst working alongside other optometrists and dispensing professional
- A host of professional development opportunities – from our annual clinical conference to ophthalmology-led education programs
- Competitive salary on offer – including PII insurance
- No Sunday trading
About the store:
Located a 2 and ½ hour drive North West of Brisbane, Kingaroy is the commercial centre for the South Burnett region of Queensland. Although Kingaroy offer all key amenities along with great restaurants, wineries, shopping and social activities, it’s still a relaxed country town at heart.
Specsavers is located within the Kingaroy Plaza shopping centre which is home to a number of specialist stores along with Big W, Best and Less and Woolworths.
This store is star performer under the ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- Two free pairs of glasses each year
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
Remember – we have a Refer a Friend cash bonus for any optometrist we place in a locum or full-time position who isn’t known to us, and you can also refer yourself.
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Marie Stewart on +61 (0) 408 084 134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
There is also Partnership available in this store, if you would like to hear more, please contact Maria Savva, Partner Recruitment Manager on +(0)401 353 587 or email email@example.com
Transform eye health with Specsavers
Specsavers is on a continual mission to transform eye health in Australia and New Zealand – and we would like you to join us on that mission. Our Transforming Eye Health Strategy is focused on eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, particularly with diseases such as Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention, early detection and co-management.
In 2019, we trebled the number of patients we referred for glaucoma and doubled our referrals to support services such as Glaucoma Australia. Our rollout of OCT in every store has resulted in 2.8 million OCT scans conducted and 300,000 visual field tests performed. We are now detecting glaucoma in 1.3% of our patients, which is just below the reported population prevalence of 1.5%. We’ve also launched Keepsight, Australia’s first national diabetic recall program, and registered more than 65,000 Australians, engaging them in regular diabetes eye checks.
If you’re looking to make a genuine impact, and deliver patient-centric, evidence-based preventative eye care and work collaboratively to manage health outcomes, then we urge you to talk to us about how you can join the mission to transform eye health.