Specsavers Launceston are looking for a friendly Optometrist to join their supportive and experienced team. With an exciting expansion coming up they are looking to grow their already successful Optometry team to support the continued growth of the business.
About the role:
- Competitive salary – including CPD, AHPRA, PI insurance and relocation allowance if required
- Experience retail support team
- Work with market leading technology – including OCT
- Excellent relationships with local Ophthalmologists – including CPD events and training
- Flexible roster with no Sundays or late nights
- Excellent support for ongoing career development
About the store:
This 5-test room practice – soon to be 8 test rooms – has existed in various forms for over 100 years and therefore has an extremely loyal patient base – some who have been visiting the practice for 60+ years. The store sees a high number of Kerataconics, patients with Diabetes and a reasonably high frequency of pathology. The store offers a busy/vibrant working environment with opportunity for a driven optometrist to pursue any sub specialty of their choosing.
Areas of special interest within the store:
- Specialty Contact Lens Fitting – including Myopia Control, Orthokeratlogy and Mini-scleral Fitting
- Dry eye – punctal plugs, blephasteam
- CASA – credentialed optometrist
- Glaucoma Co-management (Good Relationship with local Ophthalmology)
This store is star performer under the ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- Two free pairs of glasses each year
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
Remember – we have a Refer a Friend cash bonus for any optometrist we place in a locum or full-time position who isn’t known to us, and you can also refer yourself.
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Marie Stewart on +61 (0) 408 084 134 or email email@example.com
Transform eye health with Specsavers
Specsavers is on a clear mission to transform eye health in Australia and New Zealand – and we would like you to join us on that mission. Our equipment and technology strategies, our close working relationships with key eye health stakeholders, and our major investments into optometry advancement and dispensing qualifications all contribute to a singular purpose – to transform the eye health of Australians and New Zealanders.
If you’re concerned at the 50% undiagnosed glaucoma cohort and the under-indexing of diabetic retinopathy screenings; if you’re worried that available in-store technology isn’t being used on every patient due to extra fees and charges; and if you’re alarmed at the under-investment in professional dispensing programs and technology – then we urge you to talk to us about how you can make a genuine impact at Specsavers.