Specsavers has an exciting opportunity for a friendly and patient focused Optometrist to join their team working across both our Rockhampton North store and the brand-new Rockhampton Allenstown store.
About the role:
- Extremely attractive salary package, including relocation support if applicable
- Work with market leading technology – including 3 OCTs, 3 Nidek Tonoref Auto-refractors, 2 Humphrey visual field machines and 2 icare tonometers.
- Work within a small community – great relationships with customers, other local professionals, as well as ophthalmologists
- Wide variety of patient conditions including uveitis, microbial keratitis and regular foreign body removal.
- Strong focus on continuing education for both Dispensers and Optometrists
- Amazing store culture – scoring 95% on the great place to work survey in 2021.
This store is a star performer under our ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- Two free pairs of glasses each year
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
Why choose Specsavers?
- Specsavers are rated the market leader for eye tests, and the retailer of choice for contact lenses in Australia and New Zealand.
- We are on a continual mission to transforming eye health by: eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, including Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention and early detection.
- In 2021, we are detecting glaucoma in 1.43% of our patients, nearly matching the reported national prevalence rate of 1.5%
- Proud to have well and truly reached 200,000 KeepSight registrations
- In April 2021, Specsavers had surpassed their target of registering 200,000 patients for their KeepSight initiative, with 80% of KeepSight registered patients who were due for their eye test attending on time
- We are continuously working to reduce the 50% of people with diabetes who do not receive regular eye checks
- We estimate our Optometrists have reduced the level of undiagnosed glaucoma among our patients by at least 60%
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Leah Coulter on +61 (4) 2978 3450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a final year student or recent graduate, please contact your Graduate Recruitment Consultant or email email@example.com
If you aren’t looking but know someone who is, you could earn an easy $5k through our Refer a Friend bonus