Our Specsavers Taree and Foster team are looking for a dedicated and passionate optometrist to join their practice on a full-time basis. With a flexible roster on offer allowing a great work-life balance whilst seeing a varied and loyal patient base, this opportunity is too good to miss.
About the role:
- Access to state-of-the-art market leading technology including OCT
- Attractive salary – including bonuses, CPD allowance, AHPRA registration and Professional Indemnity insurance
- Continuous support towards your ongoing professional development
About the store:
- Both busy two test room practice sees a mixed demographic including pathology
- You will work with a fantastic team of experienced optometrists and an enthusiastic retail team
- Work closely with local Ophthalmologists, GPs and local hospitals for patient care
This store is a star performer under our ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- Two free pairs of glasses each year
Remember – we have a Refer a Friend cash bonus for any optometrist we place in a locum or full-time position who isn’t known to us, and you can also refer yourself.
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Madeleine Curran on +61 (0) 437 840 749 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transform eye health with Specsavers
Specsavers is on a continual mission to transform eye health in Australia and New Zealand – and we would like you to join us on that mission. Our Transforming Eye Health Strategy is focused on eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, particularly with diseases such as Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention, early detection and co-management.
In 2019, we trebled the number of patients we referred for glaucoma and doubled our referrals to support services such as Glaucoma Australia. Our rollout of OCT in every store has resulted in 2.8 million OCT scans conducted and 300,000 visual field tests performed. We are now detecting glaucoma in 1.3% of our patients, which is just below the reported population prevalence of 1.5%. We’ve also launched KeepSight, Australia’s first national diabetic recall program, and registered more than 65,000 Australians, engaging them in regular diabetes eye checks.
If you’re looking to make a genuine impact, and deliver patient-centric, evidence-based preventative eye care and work collaboratively to manage health outcomes, then we urge you to talk to us about how you can join the mission to transform eye health.