Located on the North East coast of QLD, Townsville is the largest urban centre north of the Sunshine Coast Offering more than 320 days of sunshine each year, World Heritage-listed national parks and lush tropical gardens, Townsville is home to some spectacular natural landscapes and attractions. Townsville is a major gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, the Wet Tropics and the Queensland outback. It’s a vibrant and bustling city sitting under the watchful gaze of Castle Hill. Enjoy al fresco dining, Federation-style architecture and boutique shopping, as well as the cooling ocean breeze and coastal vibe.
About the role:
- 4 test rooms, Audiology and market leading equipment including OCT and TONOREF
- A supportive, experienced and welcoming team
- Excellent opportunities for further career development and progression
This store is a star performer under our ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- Two free pairs of glasses each year
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
Why choose Specsavers?
- Specsavers are rated the market leader for eye tests, and the retailer of choice for contact lenses in Australia and New Zealand.
- We are on a continual mission to transforming eye health by: eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, including Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention and early detection.
- In 2021, we are detecting glaucoma in 1.43% of our patients, nearly matching the reported national prevalence rate of 1.5%
- Proud to have well and truly reached 200,000 KeepSight registrations
- In April 2021, Specsavers had surpassed their target of registering 200,000 patients for their KeepSight initiative, with 80% of KeepSight registered patients who were due for their eye test attending on time
- We are continuously working to reduce the 50% of people with diabetes who do not receive regular eye checks
- We estimate our Optometrists have reduced the level of undiagnosed glaucoma among our patients by at least 60%
For more information please contact your Graduate Recruitment Consultant or email firstname.lastname@example.org