Specsavers Whitford has an opportunity for an optometrist to join their patient focused and friendly team on a full time basis.
About the role
- Attractive package on offer including relocation and sign on bonus
- Excellent ongoing career development opportunities
- Continuous support towards your ongoing professional development
- Eligible for our ‘Go with a Friend’ incentive
Located within Westfield Whitford City Shopping Centre, the clinic boats 4 tests rooms with state-of-the-art equipment. Join a team who are accustomed to welcoming newly qualified optometrists and a mentor with over 8 years’ of mentoring graduates providing an outstanding support network team wide.
What are the perks of being a newly qualified optometrist with Specsavers?
As a newly qualified Optometrist on the Graduate Program, you will experience –
- One to one mentorship in store with your Primary Mentor
- Tiered support system, starting with your Primary Optometry Mentor, as well Regional and Peer Mentors, Retail Support Team and friendly support office in Port Melbourne
- Ongoing professional development events
- An attractive salary and perks package
This store is star performer under the ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- Two free pairs of glasses each year
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Madeleine Curran on 0437 840 749 or email email@example.com
If you are a final year student or recent graduate, please contact your Graduate Recruitment Consultant or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transform eye health with Specsavers
Specsavers is on a continual mission to transform eye health in Australia and New Zealand – and we would like you to join us on that mission. Our Transforming Eye Health Strategy is focused on eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, particularly with diseases such as Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention, early detection and co-management.
In 2019, we trebled the number of patients we referred for glaucoma and doubled our referrals to support services such as Glaucoma Australia. Our rollout of OCT in every store has resulted in 2.8 million OCT scans conducted and 300,000 visual field tests performed. We are now detecting glaucoma in 1.3% of our patients, which is just below the reported population prevalence of 1.5%. We’ve also launched Keepsight, Australia’s first national diabetic recall program, and registered more than 65,000 Australians, engaging them in regular diabetes eye checks.
If you’re looking to make a genuine impact, and deliver patient-centric, evidence-based preventative eye care and work collaboratively to manage health outcomes, then we urge you to talk to us about how you can join the mission to transform eye health.