Our Midland Gate store is currently seeking an experienced and patient focused optometrist to join their wonderful team on either a full-time or part-time basis.
About the role:
- Flexible roster with a weekend day needed each week
- Access to state-of-the-art market leading technology including OCT and Topographer for Ortho K
- Attractive salary package – including bonuses, CPD allowance, AHPRA registration and Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Work with a varied patient demographic including pathology
- Continuous support towards your ongoing professional development
About the store:
Located within the busy Midland Gate Shopping Centre, the clinic boasts 4 spacious testing rooms equipped with state-of-the-art technology, 8 dispense desks and 2 pre-test rooms.
You will be supported by a large and long-withstanding team of optometrists and retail staff who will ensure a smooth transition from yourself to the patient, therefore providing you with the best opportunity to do what you do best.
This store is a star performer under our ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- Two free pairs of glasses each year
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Madeleine Curran on +61 (0) 437 840 749 or email email@example.com
Transform eye health with Specsavers
Specsavers is on a continual mission to transform eye health in Australia and New Zealand – and we would like you to join us on that mission. Our Transforming Eye Health Strategy is focused on eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, particularly with diseases such as Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention, early detection and co-management.
In 2019, we trebled the number of patients we referred for glaucoma and doubled our referrals to support services such as Glaucoma Australia. Our rollout of OCT in every store has resulted in 2.8 million OCT scans conducted and 300,000 visual field tests performed. We are now detecting glaucoma in 1.3% of our patients, which is just below the reported population prevalence of 1.5%. We’ve also launched Keepsight, Australia’s first national diabetic recall program, and registered more than 65,000 Australians, engaging them in regular diabetes eye checks.
If you’re looking to make a genuine impact, and deliver patient-centric, evidence-based preventative eye care and work collaboratively to manage health outcomes, then we urge you to talk to us about how you can join the mission to transform eye health.