Are you looking to take the next step in your optometry career?
The Optometry Development Consultant (Professional Services) is a key role within the Specsavers Optometry Support team. Reporting to the Professional Services Manager, you will work collaboratively across various teams to support and develop strategies that enhance clinical and commercial outcomes across Australia and New Zealand.
In the role you will contribute to strategies that advance clinical care and protect optometrists from risk, using clinical data and insights to identify trends and support professional development. You will provide support and advice to Optometrists and Partners to drive. Consistent standards of care, and positively influence optometrists and the customer experience.
You will have the opportunity to hone a vast array of skills from delivery of verbal presentations to evolution of internal processes and systems that support clinical governance.
Your work will directly contribute to Specsavers’ professional support offering and influence behavioural change in our workforce to deliver on the Clinical Roadmap.
The skills we are looking for
- Significant experience as an optometrist
- Excellent communication, adaptability and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and influence a broad network of stakeholders
- Comprehensive understanding of optometry within a high-volume practice
- Experience with implementing change
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly within a high-performance, fast-paced environment
- Strong detail-orientation
The Optometry Development Consultant (Professional Services) role will be based in Port Melbourne support office.
What we can offer you
At Specsavers we promise to make you feel good, smart and cared for. To support this promise, we have a range of different benefits within the support office, that include.
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Two free pairs of glasses
- On site free parking
- Birthday leave, Volunteer leave, Paid Parental leave
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Fully funded Social Club – provides a wide range of activities throughout the year.
We are well-known for valuing our people and offer not only competitive reward and benefits but also ongoing development and training.
We like to think it’s a fun and positive place to work – why not have a look for yourself www.join.specsavers.com/au/department/support-office
Here at Specsavers, we support flexible working wherever possible to assist our people in achieving a balance between their work and personal life. We aim to provide flexibility in where, how and when we work.
Applicants for the role are required to have Australian working rights.
For more information contact Zelda Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org or +613 0428 075 846.