Are you an optometrist with a strong clinical focus?
We’re looking for an experienced optometrist to take on the role of Optometry Development Consultant (Clinical Systems), based at our Port Melbourne support office.
The Optometry Development Consultant (Clinical Systems) role sits within the fifteen-strong Specsavers Optometry Support team. Reporting to the Clinical Systems Manager and working collaboratively within the wider team, you will leverage clinical technology and systems to enhance clinical and commercial outcomes across Australia and New Zealand.
As an Optometry Development Consultant, you will be heavily involved in the exploration, development, piloting, and successful delivery of exciting new clinical technology initiatives. You will also support the delivery of improvements to existing clinical systems and processes. These activities form part of our Clinical Roadmap, an evolution of the clinical journey to allow all Specsavers optometrists to focus on and excel in the provision of eyecare across Australia and New Zealand.
Leveraging clinical technology, you will influence behavioural changes in the Specsavers’ optometry workforce to drive optimal patient outcomes. You will work collaboratively with Optometry and other Support Office teams to drive strategies that positively influence access to eyecare services, consistently high standards of clinical care, Optometrists’ professional engagement and development, and external stakeholder engagement.
The skills we are looking for:
- Significant experience as an Optometrist
- Excellent communication, adaptability and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and influence a broad network of stakeholders
- Comprehensive understanding of optometry within a high-volume practice
- Experience with implementing change
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly within a high-performance, fast-paced environment
- Strong detail-orientation
What we can offer you
At Specsavers, we promise to make you feel good, smart, and cared for. To support this promise, we have a range of different benefits within the support office, that includes:
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Two free pairs of glasses
- On-site free parking
- Birthday leave, Volunteer leave, Paid Parental leave
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Fully funded Social Club – provides a wide range of activities throughout the year.
We are well-known for valuing our people and offer not only competitive reward and benefits but also ongoing development and training.
We like to think it’s a fun and positive place to work – why not have a look for yourself www.join.specsavers.com/au/department/support-office
Here at Specsavers, we support flexible working wherever possible to assist our people in achieving a balance between their work and personal life. We aim to provide flexibility in where, how, and when we work.
Applicants for the role are required to have Australian working rights.
For more information contact Zelda Mitchell email@example.com or +613 0428 075 846.