Gympie is situated north of Brisbane Airport and a short 40min drive to Noosa. Gympie and the Sunshine Coast are one of the fastest growing regions in Australia. Gympie is known for it’s white-sand beaches, unspoiled coastlines and majestic hinterlands. Explore the lush rolling hills and peaks of the Mary Valley, visit local markets or see a whole new perspective on the Cooloola Coast with a drive along Rainbow Beach.
About the role:
This opportunity is ideal for an experienced optometrist who understands what it takes to lead and motivate a team. You will have a passion for delivering high-quality clinical care and customer service.
As a Specsavers joint venture partner, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Administrative support, including payroll, accounts payable and quarterly BAS
- Specsavers’ market-leading brand driving customers to your store
- A market-rate salary and superannuation in addition to your share of store profits
- Annual leave and access to exclusive wellbeing workshops
About the store:
Specsavers Gympie is located in the Gympie Central Shopping complex. The store opened in 2010, has an 1100+ frame count, offers 2 Optical test rooms and 4 dispense desks with market-leading equipment, including OCT. Upcoming expansion in plan to fit out an additional 2 test rooms in May 2022.
This store will be a star performer under the ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Kimberley Forbes on M +61 (0) 429 566 846 or E email@example.com
Why choose Specsavers?
- Specsavers are rated the market leader for eye tests, and the retailer of choice for contact lenses in Australia and New Zealand.
- We are on a continual mission to transforming eye health by: eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, including Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention and early detection.
- In 2021, we are detecting glaucoma in 1.43% of our patients, nearly matching the reported national prevalence rate of 1.5%
- Proud to have well and truly reached 200,000 KeepSight registrations
- In April 2021, Specsavers had surpassed their target of registering 200,000 patients for their KeepSight initiative, with 80% of KeepSight registered patients who were due for their eye test attending on time
- We are continuously working to reduce the 50% of people with diabetes who do not receive regular eye checks
- We estimate our Optometrists have reduced the level of undiagnosed glaucoma among our patients by at least 60%