Specsavers have an opportunity for an Optometrist to join as Joint Venture Partner in an established store with a large database of loyal customers in Cessnock, New South Wales.
About the store / opportunity:
Located in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Cessnock lies 40km west of Newcastle and provides easy access to the Hunter Valley, Australia’s oldest and internationally acclaimed wine region. Cessnock’s growing retail centre includes a number of large retail operations, 3 prominent complexes with major supermarkets, and several leading mixed retail chains including Target and Big W, mingled with small and vibrant cafés and dining. Within the next two decades Cessnock is expected to be among the fastest growing areas in NSW.
The store itself is situated in the Cessnock Plaza, opened in 2009, is equipped with 2 Optical test rooms, 4 dispense desks, over 1000 frame display,1 pre-test room and a dedicated visual fields room, and state of the art equipment including OCT. Potential for an expansion into a 3-test room practice with a dedicated Audiology room.
In partnership with the existing Joint Venture Partners, be responsible for the daily operations of the Specsavers store, whilst leading your team to provide customers with the highest standards of service and eye care.
As a Specsavers joint venture partner, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Administrative support, including payroll, accounts payable and quarterly BAS
- Specsavers’ market-leading brand driving customers to your store
- A market-rate salary and superannuation in addition to your share of store profits
- Annual leave and access to exclusive wellbeing workshops
Specsavers have successfully achieved the ‘Great Place to Work’ accreditation. We strive for the highest professional and clinical standards and provide unrivalled support, development and career plans.
The following key benefits will be offered to all store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Carly Parkinson on M +61 478 201 057 or E email@example.com
Why choose Specsavers?
- Specsavers are rated the market leader for eye tests, and the retailer of choice for contact lenses in Australia and New Zealand.
- We are on a continual mission to transforming eye health by: eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, including Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention and early detection.
- In 2021, we are detecting glaucoma in 1.43% of our patients, nearly matching the reported national prevalence rate of 1.5%
- Proud to have well and truly reached 200,000 KeepSight registrations
- In April 2021, Specsavers had surpassed their target of registering 200,000 patients for their KeepSight initiative, with 80% of KeepSight registered patients who were due for their eye test attending on time
- We are continuously working to reduce the 50% of people with diabetes who do not receive regular eye checks
- We estimate our Optometrists have reduced the level of undiagnosed glaucoma among our patients by at least 60%