Specsavers Hobart have experienced progressive growth & as a result are seeking an experienced Optometrist to join their vibrant & team orientated store in a part-time capacity.
About the role:
- The role will ideally be one or two weekend days with a day or two during the week.
- Located in the heart of Hobart in the cat and fiddle arcade which is home to over 70 specialty stores, Hobart boasts the opportunities & convivence that come with a capital city whilst still offering a relaxed commute & scenic outdoor adventures.
- Excellent opportunities for further career development and progression.
- Varied patient demographic
- Great opportunity to experience the community element of the Optometry industry! Enjoying regular optometrist dinners with neighboring practices, an opportunity to connect with like minded individuals learning from shared experiences.
About the store:
This store is a star performer under our ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all permanent store team members:
- Access to the market leading equipment – including OCT, iCare & Pachymeter.
- Dry eye & contact lenses are a specialty area for Specsavers Hobart.
- Excellent opportunities for career development and progression.
- Top tier resources and support to develop as an exceptional Optometrist.
- Birthday leave.
- Volunteer leave.
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program.
- Two free pairs of glasses each year.
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year.
- The store itself has four fully equipped test rooms, 6 dispense desks and audiology.
Why choose Specsavers?
- Specsavers are rated the market leader for eye tests, and the retailer of choice for contact lenses in Australia and New Zealand.
- We are on a continual mission to transforming eye health by: eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, including Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention and early detection.
- In 2021, we are detecting glaucoma in 1.43% of our patients, nearly matching the reported national prevalence rate of 1.5%.
- Proud to have well and truly reached 200,000 KeepSight registrations.
- In April 2021, Specsavers had surpassed their target of registering 200,000 patients for their KeepSight initiative, with 80% of KeepSight registered patients who were due for their eye test attending on time.
- We are continuously working to reduce the 50% of people with diabetes who do not receive regular eye checks.
- We estimate our Optometrists have reduced the level of undiagnosed glaucoma among our patients by at least 60%.
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Leah Coulter on +61 (4) 2978 3450 or email email@example.com
If you are a final year student or recent graduate, please contact your Graduate Recruitment Consultant or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you aren’t looking but know someone who is, you could earn up to $15k through our Refer a Friend bonus