Considering a change of scenery? Specsavers in Burnie are on the lookout for an Optometrist to join their friendly, supportive and experienced team.
Surrounded by natural beauty, Burnie is a coastal town 35-minute west of Devonport and a 100 minute drive north-west of Launceston.
Burnie CBD is a cultural hub, with galleries, performances, exhibitions, community events and public spaces featuring buildings by contemporary Tasmanian architects and designers. The town also enjoys a vibrant shopping district and fantastic eateries.
About the store and role:
- Extremely attractive salary package of $180,000 on offer
- Celebrate your birthday with a paid day off, in addition to one day of volunteer leave and two free pairs of glasses per year
- Build your knowledge and experience with regular exposure to a diverse range of Pathology cases. Our Optometrists pride themselves on having a close relationship with the local Ophthalmologists and Eye hospitals.
- The store has recently undergone a refit and expansion, boasting a sole purpose Audiology room, two pre-test rooms, two contact lens tutorial areas and a separate diagnostics room
- Market leading equipment including OCT and iCare in all four test rooms
- Flexible roster – part-time will considered for the right candidate
- Excellent opportunities for ongoing professional development
- Warm, welcoming and experienced team
Why choose Specsavers?
- Specsavers has been ‘Great Place to Work’ certified for the past 3 years in a row
- Specsavers are rated the market leader for eye tests, and the retailer of choice for contact lenses in Australia and New Zealand.
- We are on a continual mission to transforming eye health by: eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, including Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention and early detection.
- In 2021, we are detecting glaucoma in 1.43% of our patients, nearly matching the reported national prevalence rate of 1.5%
- Proud to have well and truly reached 200,000 KeepSight registrations
- In April 2021, Specsavers had surpassed their target of registering 200,000 patients for their KeepSight initiative, with 80% of KeepSight registered patients who were due for their eye test attending on time
- We are continuously working to reduce the 50% of people with diabetes who do not receive regular eye checks
- We estimate our Optometrists have reduced the level of undiagnosed glaucoma among our patients by at least 60%
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Leah Coulter on +61 (4) 2978 3450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a final year student or recent graduate, please contact your Graduate Recruitment Consultant or email email@example.com