Optometrist Opportunity – Specsavers Cairns Earlville, QLD
Looking for a change that can offer you a relaxed coastal lifestyle? Cairns Earlville is the gateway to two World Heritage areas and the Wet Tropics Rainforest. If you love being outdoors, Cairns is the ideal base for exploring the Great Barrier Reef and Cape Tribulation which is only a short drive ride away!
Why work at our Cairns Earlville store?
- Base salary of $130,000 + super + annual bonus + Up to $40,000 sign on bonus!
- We will also cover your relocation allowance, CPD, AHPRA and PII!
- Extremely flexible roster to support work/life balance – including the option of a offering 3 consecutive RDOs
- Opportunity to practice a broad scope of optometry in a 4 test room store with a wide patient demographic
- Work with an experienced retail team who will offer 100% dispensing support, allowing you to focus solely on optometry
- Strong focus on career development and progression – including pathway to partnership
What is on offer for a Graduate Optometrist?
Your Graduate Recruitment Consultant can discuss the package available for this store and potential additional incentive options such as allowances, extra annual leave, etc.
As a newly qualified Optometrist on the Graduate Program, you will experience –
- Receive one return flight home each year, on top of the salary package!
- Two-day Graduate Induction Event held in Melbourne
- Ongoing in-person professional development events
- In-region social engagement & CPD events
- One-to-one mentorship in store with your Mentor
- Wide graduate support network
- Annual CPD allowance and AHPRA registration
This store is a star performer under our ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- Two free pairs of glasses each year
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
Why choose Specsavers?
- Specsavers are rated the market leader for eye tests, and the retailer of choice for contact lenses in Australia and New Zealand
- We are on a continual mission to transform eye health by: eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, including Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention and early detection
- Specsavers optometrists are picking up 90% of avoidable blindness in the community
- Proud to have well and truly reached 700,000 KeepSight registrations
- Our stores have a 93% Glaucoma detection rate
- 1 in 5 kids are on Myopia management
- Specsavers is proud to announce we’re the 8th best place to work in Australia in 2023, and have been an accredited ‘Great Place to Work’ organisation for the past three years
- Since 2011, Specsavers has donated $7.8 million dollars to The Fred Hollows Foundation to help fund vital projects that improve the delivery of eye health services, strengthen health systems, and build a workforce for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples to help end avoidable blindness
If you are a final year student or recent graduate, please contact your Graduate Recruitment Consultant or email email@example.com
If you aren’t looking but know someone who is, you could earn up to $15k through our Refer a Friend bonus