Our dedicated and friendly team at Specsavers Mt Druitt are looking for an Optometrist to join the team for a full-time position. Both graduate optometrists and experienced optometrists are welcome to apply.
About the role and store:
- Full-time opportunity
- A 4 test room store decked out with market leading equipment including Perkins Tonometer, Children testing equipment, RGP, Foreign Body Removal Kit and OCT
- Work within a strong and supportive team that both promotes and encourages continuous professional development
- Experience a mixed patient demographic from babies through to elderly with regular Pathology
- An attractive salary package available
What is on offer for a Graduate Optometrist?
Your Graduate Recruitment Consultant will be able to discuss the specific package available for this store.
As a newly qualified Optometrist on the Graduate Program, you will experience –
- Induction in our Port Melbourne Support Office
- One to one mentorship in store with your Primary Mentor
- Tiered support system, starting with your Primary Optometry Mentor, as well Regional and Peer Mentors, Retail Support Team and friendly support office in Port Melbourne
- Ongoing professional development events
- Annual CPD allowance and AHPRA registration
This store is a star performer under our ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- Two free pairs of glasses each year
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
Why choose Specsavers?
- Specsavers are rated the market leader for eye tests, and the retailer of choice for contact lenses in Australia and New Zealand
- We are on a continual mission to transforming eye health by: eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, including Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention and early detection
- In 2021, we are detecting glaucoma in 1.43% of our patients, nearly matching the reported national prevalence rate of 1.5%
- Proud to have well and truly reached 200,000 KeepSight registrations
- In April 2021, Specsavers had surpassed their target of registering 200,000 patients for their KeepSight initiative, with 80% of KeepSight registered patients who were due for their eye test attending on time
- We are continuously working to reduce the 50% of people with diabetes who do not receive regular eye checks
- We estimate our Optometrists have reduced the level of undiagnosed glaucoma among our patients by at least 60%
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Bec Smith on +61 (0) 418 843 445 or email email@example.com
If you are a final year student or recent graduate, please contact your Graduate Recruitment Consultant or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you aren’t looking but know someone who is, you could earn an easy $5k through our Refer a Friend bonus