Looking for a change that can offer you a relaxed coastal lifestyle with the amenities of a big city?
Specsavers Castletown has an exciting expansion and relocation coming up, and are looking to add to their Optometry team to support that growth. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a brand-new store!
Townsville is Australia’s largest urban centre north of the Sunshine Coast. If you love being outdoors, Townsville is the ideal base for exploring the Great Barrier Reef and the beautiful Magnetic Island which is only a short boat ride away!
Why work at our Castletown store?
- Very attractive salary package, including a $40K sign on bonus, + superannuation. We will also cover your relocation allowance, CPD, AHPRA and PII!
- Extremely flexible roster to support work/life balance – including the option of a offering 3 consecutive RDOs
- Opportunity to practice a broad scope of optometry in a 4 test room store with a wide patient demographic
- Work with an experienced retail team who will offer 100% dispensing support, allowing you to focus solely on optometry
- 5 weeks annual leave on offer
- Strong focus on career development and progression – including pathway to partnership
- 2 opportunities available if you want to relocate with a friend – RDOs and annual leave can be rostered to align so you can enjoy the lifestyle together!
Your Graduate Recruitment Consultant will be able to discuss the specific package available for this store. As a newly qualified Optometrist on the Graduate Program, you will experience:
- Induction in our Port Melbourne Support Office
- One to one mentorship in store with your Primary Mentor
- Tiered support system, starting with your Primary Optometry Mentor, as well Regional and Peer Mentors, Retail Support Team and friendly support office in Port Melbourne
- Ongoing professional development events
- Annual CPD allowance and AHPRA registration
- Up to $5,000 relocation costs covered
This store is a star performer under our ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- Two free pairs of glasses each year
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
Why choose Specsavers?
- Specsavers are rated the market leader for eye tests, and the retailer of choice for contact lenses in Australia and New Zealand.
- We are on a continual mission to transforming eye health by: eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, including Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention and early detection.
- In 2021, we are detecting glaucoma in 1.43% of our patients, nearly matching the reported national prevalence rate of 1.5%
- Proud to have well and truly reached 200,000 KeepSight registrations
- In April 2021, Specsavers had surpassed their target of registering 200,000 patients for their KeepSight initiative, with 80% of KeepSight registered patients who were due for their eye test attending on time
- We are continuously working to reduce the 50% of people with diabetes who do not receive regular eye checks
- We estimate our Optometrists have reduced the level of undiagnosed glaucoma among our patients by at least 60%
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Ruby Lewis on +61 (4) 4788 9110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a final year student or recent graduate, please contact your Graduate Recruitment Consultant or email email@example.com
If you aren’t looking but know someone who is, you could earn up to $15k through our Refer a Friend bonus