Our dedicated and friendly team at Specsavers Taree and Forster are looking for an Optometrist to join the team for a full-time position. Both graduate optometrists and experienced optometrists are welcome to apply.
Enjoy the growing coastal location of Forster offering beaches, fishing, boating and dolphin spotting! Taree is known to be a central hub for all regional towns with excellent facilities, restaurants and bars ensuring there is so much to see and do!
About the role and store:
- Full-time opportunity
- A unique opportunity to work across two stores with different patient demographics
- Forster is a 2 test room store and Taree is a 4 test room store. Both stores have Audiology and are equipped with market leading equipment including OCT and Perkins Foreign Body kit
- Work within a strong and supportive team that both promotes and encourages continuous professional development
- An attractive salary is available of up to $165k for experienced optometrists
What is on offer for a Graduate Optometrist?
Your Graduate Recruitment Consultant will be able to discuss the specific package available for this store as well as potential additional incentive options such as allowances, extra annual leave etc.
As a newly qualified Optometrist on the Graduate Program, you will experience –
- Induction in our Port Melbourne Support Office
- One to one mentorship in store with your Primary Mentor
- Tiered support system, starting with your Primary Optometry Mentor, as well Regional and Peer Mentors, Retail Support Team and friendly support office in Port Melbourne
- Ongoing professional development events
- Annual CPD allowance and AHPRA registration
- Up to $5,000 relocation allowance (if applicable)
This store is a star performer under our ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- Two free pairs of glasses each year
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
Why choose Specsavers?
- Specsavers are rated the market leader for eye tests, and the retailer of choice for contact lenses in Australia and New Zealand
- We are on a continual mission to transforming eye health by: eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, including Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention and early detection
- In 2021, we are detecting glaucoma in 1.43% of our patients, nearly matching the reported national prevalence rate of 1.5%
- Proud to have well and truly reached 200,000 KeepSight registrations
- In April 2021, Specsavers had surpassed their target of registering 200,000 patients for their KeepSight initiative, with 80% of KeepSight registered patients who were due for their eye test attending on time
- We are continuously working to reduce the 50% of people with diabetes who do not receive regular eye checks
- We estimate our Optometrists have reduced the level of undiagnosed glaucoma among our patients by at least 60%
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Bec Smith on +61 (0) 418 843 445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a final year student or recent graduate, please contact your Graduate Recruitment Consultant or email email@example.com
If you aren’t looking but know someone who is, you could earn an easy $15k through our Refer a Friend bonus