We’re now mid-way through our second month of the conference but there’s still a fantastic range of live webinars and content for optometry students to participate in.
What’s coming up in September & October:
|September 9||Panel Discussion: Closing the loop with collaborative care for Glaucoma
Professor Keith Martin, Annie Gibbins and Dr Shenton Chaw
|September 15||The role of OCT imaging in today’s AMD Management
Professor Robyn Guymer
|September 22||Assessment of Swollen Optic Discs
Dr Clare Fraser
|September 30||Glaucoma Grand Rounds
Dr Brett Drury
|October 7||Managing red eyes, treating infectious keratitis and managing anterior surface inflammation
Dr Brendan Cronin and Dr Lyndell Lim
|October 14||Differentiating Choroidal Melanoma from Other Pigmented Lesions
Dr Sunil Warrier
And as well as giving you the opportunity to learn directly from, and interact with, leading optometrists, ophthalmologists and industry professionals, we’re also giving you the chance to be in the running for some fantastic prizes.
Prize time: What’s up for grabs?
- 1 (one) $250 gift voucher – and you can choose your own gift from the following companies: Pillow Talk, Mecca, Providoor, Netflix, Myer or Giftpay
- Plus 5 (five) additional $100 gift vouchers are also up for grabs!
To be in the running, all you need to do is submit a 300 to 400-word reflective piece on what you have learned by participating in the SCC Online Series 2020.
Your piece could focus on a single SCCO lecture, our live events, or even our on-demand sponsor content.
Selected submissions will be published on Spectrum.
Your submission must include:
- A 300-400 word written reflective piece on the SCC Online Series 2020
- A recent photo of yourself
- Your full name, university, graduation year, email address and contact phone number.
To enter the competition send your completed submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date with the subject line: SCC Online 2020 Student Competition.
Submissions close 5pm on Friday October 30.
Competition Terms and conditions
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit. All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third-party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
- Employees of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion (Specsavers Australia and New Zealand) are ineligible to enter the competition, as are their immediate families.
- To enter, entrants must have registered for the SCC Online Series 2020 and attended at least one (1) live webinar event. Multiple entries are permitted. The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
- The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries become and remain the property of the promoter (Specsavers Australia and New Zealand Pty Ltd).
- Winners of the competition must be 17 years old and over and be enrolled in tertiary studies in optometry at an Australian or New Zealand University.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. The prize can only be delivered via email to the email address provided at entry. Once the prize has been emailed it cannot be resent or provided in another form or to another email address.
- The competition commences 7 September 2020. Entries close 5pm 30 October 2020.
- By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
- The Promoter is the Specsavers Australia and New Zealand Pty Ltd, 520 Graham Street VIC 3207.
- All entries become the property of the promoter and Specsavers Australia and New Zealand. The promoter may use the entrant’s names and literary pieces for any commercial purpose, including future promotional marketing and publicity purposes.
- Winners will be notified in writing by email within thirty (30) working days of the conclusion of the competition and winners’ details will be published on Spectrum-ANZ.com
- If Specsavers is unable to contact the winner within 30 days of the draw and has made every effort to contact them with the information provided by the entrant then Specsavers will award the prize to another valid entrant.
- All entrants who choose to ‘opt-in’ consent to have their contact details used for ongoing marketing material and correspondence from Specsavers Australia and New Zealand Pty Ltd.