Due to significant growth to support our Optometrists going from single testing to double testing, our retail team are expanding. Specsavers Queenstown are seeking a dedicated and experienced Senior Optical Assistant to join their team on a permanent part time basis. This role will guarantee 72 hours per fortnight- with the ability to work additional hours when required.
Specsavers has been going from strength to strength, ever since the business started back in 1984. We strive for the highest clinical standards – and believe that the customer should be at the heart of everything we do. We also recognise that our people are critical to our past and future success – so we do everything we can to make sure they get the experience and career they’re looking for: from outstanding training and a personal development plan, to excellent benefits and unstinting support. The business has nearly 1,500 stores across 12 countries – and is still growing. We want you to be part of this outstanding success story.
About the role:
You will be involved in all aspects of our customer’s optometric journey from using high-tech pre-testing equipment to dispensing and frame styling. You’ll work to healthcare guidelines (as well as our own high standards), give good clear advice because of your love for fashion and styling, and provide a great experience at every opportunity which exceed our customers’ expectations.
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate will have a rewarding career with Specsavers and will possess the following skills and experience:
- Optical dispensing qualification will be highly desirable
- Previous experience in the optical industry with at least 2 years experience with multi focal optical dispensing
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- A self-starter with a sense of humour who enjoys variety and a busy environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills with strong attention to detail
- Must have flexible availability including as may be required to work additional shifts when required
- The ability to build genuine and supportive relationships with colleagues and customers
Benefits and perks:
- Birthday Leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Friends & Family Discount
- 1 Pair of Free Glasses per year
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- An in-depth on boarding and training program, that will continue throughout your career
- Career development and advancement opportunities i.e. cert IV in dispensing and pathway a program developed to give you the tools to own your own store
*Applicants for this position are required to have New Zealand work rights*
If you want to be apart of a close knit, friendly, vibrant and dynamic team, call Vanora Nguyen on + 61 3 9091 8973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on your career.
Please note due to the high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted. We thank you in advanced for your interest in Specsavers.