This exciting opportunity is for an experienced retailer/dispenser to join as a partner at Specsavers Robina in the Gold Coast, QLD
About the role:
In partnership with the Optometrist Joint Venture Partner, be responsible for the daily operations of the Specsavers store, whilst leading your team to provide customers with the highest standards of service and eye care.
As a Specsavers joint venture partner, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Back-office administrative support from our Port Melbourne Support Office team, including payroll, accounts payable and quarterly BAS
- The power of Specsavers’ market-leading brand driving customers to your store
- An annual combined marketing fund of more than $60 million
- A guaranteed market-rate salary and superannuation in addition to your share of store profits
- Guaranteed annual leave and access to exclusive wellbeing workshops
About the stores
Australia’s’ Gold Coast is known for long sandy beaches, great surf spots, vibrant nightlife and rainforest hinterland.
Specsavers Robina is located within in the Robina Town Centre – the 2nd largest shopping centre in the Gold Coast and home to over 400 specialty stores. The store offers 5 test-rooms and over 2000 frames split across 2 stores.
This store is star performer under the ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Marie Stewart on +61 (0) 408 084 134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transform eye health with Specsavers
Specsavers is on a continual mission to transform eye health in Australia and New Zealand – and we would like you to join us on that mission. Our Transforming Eye Health Strategy is focused on eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, particularly with diseases such as Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention, early detection and co-management.
In 2019, we trebled the number of patients we referred for glaucoma and doubled our referrals to support services such as Glaucoma Australia. Our rollout of OCT in every store has resulted in 2.8 million OCT scans conducted and 300,000 visual field tests performed. We are now detecting glaucoma in 1.3% of our patients, which is just below the reported population prevalence of 1.5%. We’ve also launched Keepsight, Australia’s first national diabetic recall program, and registered more than 65,000 Australians, engaging them in regular diabetes eye checks.