Specsavers Maryborough are now looking for an Optometrist to join their experienced and supportive team! Both experienced and graduate Optometrists are encouraged to apply.
Maryborough is located on the beautiful Fraser Coast, surrounded by stunning beaches – including Hervey Bay which is only a short drive away. The store is only a three-hour drive north of Brisbane.
About the role:
- Full time opportunity on offer
- For experienced optometrists, a generous base salary of $133,000 – $147,000 + super is on offer (dependent on experience)
- Sign on bonus of $30,000 + relocation costs up to $3,000 covered!
- 4 test room store all containing state-of-the-art market leading technology, including OCT
- Opportunity to practice full scope optometry in a store that has a strong community focus
- Amazing team culture and experienced retail team
- Great support for ongoing career progression and development
About the store:
Under our ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all permanent store team members:
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- Two free pairs of glasses each year
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
What is on offer for a Graduate Optometrist?
For graduates, this opportunity is part of the Specsavers Early Bird Package (available until 31 July), a $30,000 sign on bonus paid to you 30 days after signing your employment contract to support you through the remainder of your studies.
Your Graduate Recruitment Consultant will be able to discuss the specific package available for this store as well as potential additional incentive options such as allowances, extra annual leave etc.
As a newly qualified Optometrist on the Graduate Program, you will experience –
- Induction in our Port Melbourne Support Office
- One to one mentorship in store with your Primary Mentor
- Tiered support system, starting with your Primary Optometry Mentor, as well Regional and Peer Mentors, Retail Support Team and friendly support office in Port Melbourne
- Ongoing professional development events
- Annual CPD allowance and AHPRA registration
- Up to $5,000 relocation allowance (if applicable)
Why choose Specsavers?
- Specsavers are rated the market leader for eye tests, and the retailer of choice for contact lenses in Australia and New Zealand.
- We are on a continual mission to transforming eye health by: eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, including Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention and early detection.
- In 2021, we are detecting glaucoma in 1.43% of our patients, nearly matching the reported national prevalence rate of 1.5%
- Proud to have well and truly reached 200,000 KeepSight registrations
- In April 2021, Specsavers had surpassed their target of registering 200,000 patients for their KeepSight initiative, with 80% of KeepSight registered patients who were due for their eye test attending on time
- We are continuously working to reduce the 50% of people with diabetes who do not receive regular eye checks
- We estimate our Optometrists have reduced the level of undiagnosed glaucoma among our patients by at least 60%
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Leah Coulter on +61 (4) 2978 3450 or email email@example.com
If you are a final year student or recent graduate, please contact your Graduate Recruitment Consultant or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you aren’t looking but know someone who is, you could earn up to $15k through our Refer a Friend bonus