Specsavers Launceston are now seeking an experienced Optometrist to join their vibrant and team-orientated store, on a full-time basis.
Launceston is Tasmania’s second major city and a vibrant hub for food and wine, culture and nature. The region is packed with city and country charm, gorgeous old towns, excellent food and wine and beautiful scenic highlights.
About the role:
- Very attractive salary package on offer, dependent on experience + a $30K sign-on bonus!
- Work with an experienced team of optometrists and a dedicated retail team with a strong focus on patient care
- Flexible working roster with no Sundays, you will only work 2 Saturdays in a 4-week cycle and will receive one long weekend a month
- Opportunity for co management with the local Ophthalmologists
- Fantastic opportunity to develop/ maintain your skills in Ortho –K, Custom contact lense fittings. myopia control, dry eye and Keratoconus
- 25-minute appointment slots, allowing you to take extra time with your patients
- With over 100 years servicing the Launceston community, Specsavers Launceston have a diverse patient demographic with a strong and respected presence within the community
About the store:
This store is a star performer under our ‘Specsavers: The Place to Work’ initiative, offering the following key benefits to all permanent store team members:
- Access to the market leading equipment – including OCT, Medmont Merida Professional Corneal Topographer, Clarus Widefield Camera Zeiss
- Excellent opportunities for career development and progression
- Top tier resources and support to develop as an exceptional Optometrist
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer leave
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- Two free pairs of glasses each year
- 30% off glasses voucher for family and friends each year
Why choose Specsavers?
- Specsavers are rated the market leader for eye tests, and the retailer of choice for contact lenses in Australia and New Zealand
- We are on a continual mission to transforming eye health by: eliminating preventable vision loss and blindness, including Glaucoma and Diabetes, through improved prevention and early detection
- In 2021, we are detecting glaucoma in 1.43% of our patients, nearly matching the reported national prevalence rate of 1.5%
- Proud to have well and truly reached 200,000 KeepSight registrations
- In April 2021, Specsavers had surpassed their target of registering 200,000 patients for their KeepSight initiative, with 80% of KeepSight registered patients who were due for their eye test attending on time
- We are continuously working to reduce the 50% of people with diabetes who do not receive regular eye checks
- We estimate our Optometrists have reduced the level of undiagnosed glaucoma among our patients by at least 60%
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, contact Leah Coulter on +61 (4) 2978 3450 or email email@example.com
If you are a final year student or recent graduate, please contact your Graduate Recruitment Consultant or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you aren’t looking but know someone who is, you could earn an easy $5k through our Refer a Friend bonus